Sunday, August 16, 2009

Holy Spirit Protection




Spiritual Virus Protection ~ by Steve McVey

I have a subscription to a Broadband ISP for my computer, so that I can use the Internet without tying up my phone line at home. One day recently, I accidently left home without logging off. When I came home at the end of the day, I discovered that my computer had been online all day. My first thought was concern about the many hackers who attempt to access computers these days.


I immediately went to my Firewall Protection program to see what, if anything, had happened during my absence. I was shocked to discover that during the time I had been gone from home, there had been 488 intrusion attempts on my computer. Most of the attempts were of the same type. It was an attempt to introduce a virus called the Backdoor/Subseven Virus, one that allows someone else to secretly gain complete access to your computer, as if they were sitting at your desk in control of your keyboard.


At first, a sense of horror came over me as I thought about someone being able to steal my banking information, personal letters and other data on my computer. Then I saw a statement that gave me an instant sigh of relief. On the status page of my firewall program, it said, “Norton Personal Firewall is protecting your system.” As I explored further, I learned that this program running in the background had protected my computer all day from what might have been a cyber-disaster for me. It had prevented all 488 attacks from being successful!


As I thought about what had happened, the Holy Spirit spoke to me and reminded me that He works in my life in the same way. As Christians, we are targets in the spiritual battle which exists in this world. There are countless times when we would be destroyed – were it not for one simple truth: The Holy Spirit dwells within us and protects us from being destroyed.


As we move about our daily routine, He faithfully works in the background guarding us against the evil intent of the Enemy. There is no way that we could anticipate and be prepared for the great number of attacks that would destroy us if it weren’t for His continuous protection. We could drive ourselves to exhaustion and debilitating anxiety if it were up to us to fight our own battles against the “intruders of this word,” which the Bible calls “powers and principalities, and the rulers of the darkness of this world, spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:12).


Thank God, we don’t have to worry. We can just go about our daily lives, resting in the confidence that the Spirit of the indwelling Christ is doing what only He can do. He is lovingly caring for our needs to ensure that we are kept safe from spiritual destruction. There is indeed a battle going on around us, but the battle is the Lord’s. Our part is to simply rest in Him, knowing that He has already conquered death and hell and that the victory is always ours in Christ.


A sovereign Father loves you passionately. A compassionate Son guards you jealously. And an omnipotent Spirit protects you continuously. There may be 488 attempted attacks against you in a day, but don’t worry. Divine Life runs through you, always operating in the background of your daily affairs to ensure that you won’t ever be fatally infected.

Hallelujah! Good News!

1 comment:

  1. I want to add a new comment by Reinhard Bonnke ~~ "The Holy Spirit is not an influence, a cloud, or an ambience, quantifiable or measured by any spiritual standard. The Spirit is the Third Person of the Godhead. He comes as a Person, not as a feeling. Is he more present sometimes than others? How can that be? Can a person be more present anywhere or appear in percentages? I’m not more present here than at home. Or more present on a Sunday than on Monday. But that is how people talk. ‘The Lord was really there tonight, more than last week’. Really? How? The Holy Spirit doesn’t come by degrees, and nor does Jesus.

    It is often thought that God’s peak presence is a miracle. But God has no peaks, does not wax and wane. Miracles do not come just in ‘powerful meetings.’ A physical happening is not evidence of greater power. God’s power is a constant.

    Omniscience doesn’t flicker like a candle flame!!!

    We sing ‘Welcome welcome Holy Spirit’, or ‘You are welcome in this place’. How cordial of us! The Holy Spirit belongs here – and we welcome Him? God is not a newcomer, not an outsider, nor a stranger to be welcomed at the door. The Holy Spirit will “abide with us forever”, Jesus said (John 14,16). How long is “forever”? Well, have a guess.

    ReplyDelete