Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bird With Broken Wing

Bird with broken wing
Locked up inside
A tiny cage
Till the day I heard your cry
And set you free

But as I reached in
To heal the hurt
You fled in wild dismay
Now your pain
Is made you blind as you can be

Echoes in the distance
Are almost all you hear from Me
Each time I speak your name
You fly away

While the agonies of mindless flight
Is more than you can bare
Still you think it's because of Me
That you feel this way

Soarin' far above the storm
On wings spread strong and wide
Is the vision that you've buried
In despair

You dash yourself against a stone
And flutter terrified
When My love will heal your wounds
And lift you there

Like a frightened child
That starts away with every move
You want to trust
But watch so fearfully

Everything you're longing for
Is here within My hands
I'm waiting now for you
To come to Me

(Don Francisco)

No comments:

Post a Comment