Monday, January 12, 2009

Jesus Is The Winna Man!


The "Golden Globe" awards were on TV last night. I'm a sucker for these shows. I know, I know . . . . "vanity, oh vanity." But, before we get all "religious" let's consider all in the light of His Grace. He loves everyone in Hollywood. God sent His Son to them as well. They are not the enemy and celebrities can be wonderful witnesses for Jesus! I appreciate good acting and I have a wonderful Friend and Guide, the Holy Spirit, Who is very efficient in guiding me through this world while not being "of the world." As I "watch" and pray :) , the Holy Spirit gives me great prayers and compassionate thoughts of hope for each and every one. This is part of the fun!

I didn't get to watch last night's show, but I did utilize the "DVR" and I'm looking forward to watching and fast-forwarding all the commercials tonight with Doug. :) So . . . don't tell me who won! I am having a hard time as it is avoiding news and talk shows so that it won't be spoiled for me. However, I LOVE to tell all Who the ultimate "winner" is!

I just want to share with you what the Holy Spirit communicated to me yesterday morning. I saw a man standing on a stage with the same type of envelopes the awards shows use. The man said as he was opening the envelope . . . "And the Winner is . . ." He then opened and read, "JESUS!" :)

This is, of course, the Good News! Jesus IS the Winna Man! He Won! It is Finished. And, in Christ, we win too!

It's a BINGO! moment all the time with Jesus!

He has run and won the race for us. He shares His prize with us. In Jesus, we all get to hold our "golden globes" as overcomers! We get crowns to cast at His feet We get to eat of the Tree of Life in Paradise. We get to eat of the hidden manna and we get a new name written on a white stone. We get to rule nations and we get the morning star! How's that for a prize! We get to wear garments of white and be pillars in His house and sit on His throne. Revelations tells us all this. If we stay fully convinced of the Good News, relying on His performance alone, He leads us to be Overcomers and Winners!

John 16:33, Jesus says, "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” And I thank God, that abiding in Jesus . . . resting in Him . . . makes me an overcomer, too! Jesus IS the Winna Man!



No comments:

Post a Comment